- Download hits
- X-Plane 11 (XP11)
- File size
- 8.32 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 5 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This is a Caledonian Airways repaint for the default X-Plane 11 MD80.
To install the livery just download the file, unzip it and place the complete 'Caledonian Airlines G-CALO' folder into the 'liveries' directory of the aircraft.
- The MD-80 is a twin-engine, short- to medium-range commercial jet airliner that was introduced in 1980. It is primarily used for frequent, short-haul flights and can accommodate between 130 to 172 passengers with a cruise speed of 504 miles per hour. Screenshots Liveries.
- Apr 16, 2020 kucoman April 16, 2020 MD-80, X-Plane A new update for the Rotate MD-80 has been made available. This update is free for all previous users, and is already being added to the download section for new users as well. This update includes tablets for pilot and copilot in the 3D cockpit and compatibility with AviTab plugin.
Hello all, this is our Volotea Livery for the Rotate MD-80. This livery is based on a real life B717-200 livery. Registration: EI-FBM Installation: 1. Download the folder and unzip. Open the folder and place the folder Volotea into X-Plane 11 Aircraft Laminar Research McDonnell Douglas MD-8. May 10, 2019 I mostly fly B737s and I like it. I recently learned how to turn on the auto pilot of a 737-800. I want to start learning about the MD82 and I got the engines running but can't figure it out. This is a fairly comprehensive overhaul of the default MD 80 from laminar research. Not Zibo level in terms of systems, still X-plane standard in that regards, but in terms of flight model and sounds, I feel a much needed improvement!.
By Paul Mort.
View important Copyright © information related to freeware files here.
Images & Screenshots
The archive caledonian_airlines_g-calo.zip has 19 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Caledonian Airlines G-CALO||06.28.17||0 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.
Get the new Rotate MD-80 v1.3 Pro here.
This update, is free for all users already owning a license of the previous version. I t is compatible with X Plane 11beta*, as well as for X Plane 10.51 and up (support for previous versions has been dropped). It includes a lot of new features.
LNAV and VNAV have been completely reworked and the FMS includes new pages like PROGRESS and HOLD and offers support for ARINC424 instructions (DME arcs, Procedural turns, conditional waypoints, VECTORS, …). Vertical profile is computed with time, fuel consumption and altitude predictions. Navigation Display draws the route with calculated curve transitions according to speed predictions.
Virtually all the instruments and controls are now interactive, and mousewheel control is available for the relevant manipulators. Many new systems have been simulated with great realism, and others tuned up.
Rotate MD-80 v1.3 Pro offers a complex and immersing simulation experience: full preflight routines and complete route planning, or engine fire failures, ending with a complete engines out emergency landing. Situations where details, like the hydraulic accumulators, or the brake temperature readings, can be appreciated.
*Full compatibility can not be guaranteed as long as X-Plane 11 is in beta, so be aware that this X-Plane beta compatible version is a beta version itself.
Here the complete feature list:
- Precise flight model
- Fine tuned engine performance
- Developed with the help of two MD-80 pilots
- Accurate PW-JT8D-219 model
- Engine Starting and Ignition System
- Engine Oil System
- Fuel Distribution, Heat and Quantity Indication
- Thrust Reversers
- Automatic Reserve Thrust
- Thrust Rating Panel
- Engine Display Panel
- Systems Display Panel
- Power Generating and Distribution System
- Battery and bus monitor system
- Emergency Power System
- Ground Power Unit
- Rudder and Elevator HYD/MAN operation
- Ground Pneumatic System
- Reversers and Brakes Accumulators
- Air Conditioning and Distribution with Ground Operation and In-flight Pneumatics
- Cockpit and Cabin Temperature Control
- APU On-Ground Air Conditioning
- Airplane Pressurization
- Ground Pressure Supply for on ground A/C operation
Automatic Flight, navigation and FMS:
- Dual IRS alignment rutine, NAV and ATT modes
- Custom LNAV and VNAV. Climb, cruise and descend management with altitude and speed restrictions. ARINC424 instructions support
- Performance management, with complete VNAV profile calculation, including T/C, T/D, and time, fuel and altitude predictions
- Lateral Navigation: NAV, VOR/LOC, ILS
- Vertical Navigation: VNAV, VERT SPD, IAS/MACH, ALT HLD
- Speed modes: SPD and MACH sel, EPR LIM, FMS OVRD
- All autopilot readouts simulated
- Flight Mode Annunciator
- All EPR modes
- Flight planning, navigation, performance management and airplane guidance
- FMS pages:
- POS INIT
- RTE page with VIA and DIRECT selection, DISContinuity detection and CO ROUTE
- LEGS with insertion and deletion capabilities and RTE DATA
- DIRect TO waypoint
- DEPartures and ARRivals pages with SIDs and STARs (third party database included)
- PERFormance page with BURN SCHED, WIND/TEMP corrections and calculated remaining fuel
- CLIMB page with estimated times and restrictions and CLB DIR function
- CRUISE page
- DESCENT page with SPEED/PATH, DES NOW and DES DIR modes
- TAKEOFF REF and APPROACH REF with automatic V-Speeds calculation
- HOLD page with entry pattern calculation and Present POS
- PROGRESS pages with pilot selectable waypoint
- Save and load route options
- Aircraft Management page
- Custom PFD and ND with curved transitions and MAG/TRU operation
- Accurate navigation instruments and displays
- Weather Radar and TCAS with TA/RA advisories
Complete Engine Fire Detection and Extinguishing simulation
DFGC, Altitude, Engine Fire, APU Fire, GPWS, Windshear, Flight Recorder, Voice Recorder, TCAS, Brake Temp, Stall, Anti-Skid, LED/Annunciators
X Plane Md 80 Liveries
X Plane 11 Md 80 Autopilot
- Slat/Flap controls with Dial-a-Flap selection wheel
- Vertical trim control with Take-off Condition Computer
- Hide yoke option
- Highly detailed 3D cockpit, passenger cabin and exterior model, with accurate animations
- Accurate control surfaces animations with control tabs. Precise wing flex animation
- Thorough 4K texture work
- Normal and specular maps
- 10 High quality liveries (Air Liberté, Alitalia, Allegiant, American Airlines, British Island Airlines Delta Airlines 1, Delta Airlines 2, German Wings, Iberia, Scandinavian Airlines)
- Cockpit crew modelled
- Paint-Kit 4K
- Cockpit flood lamps and thunderstorm lights
- Cockpit instruments, text and digital lights
- Panel flood lights
- Overhead panel flood light
- Wing lights with off, on and deployed positions, and nose lights
- Nav, strobe and anti-collision lights
- Exterior flood lights, wing and nacelle lights.
X-plane 11 Md 80 Liveries
- Custom 3D sound engine with stereo and doppler effects
- High quality multi-layered engine sounds
- Wind and control surfaces sounds
- Cockpit sounds: varied switches and knobs, avionics and Air Conditioning, tests and alerts,…