NeoOffice is a full-featured set of office applications for Mac OS X. Created in 2003 when there was no Mac OS X version of OpenOffice.org available, Patrick Luby and Ed Peterlin have devoted their decades of Mac software engineering experience to create an office suite that is adapted to the unique needs of Mac users. Planamesa NeoOffice היא חבילת Office המוסמכת עבור Mac OS X. זה תואם עם פורמטים של קבצים סטנדרטיים רבים בתעשייה פועל מקורי ב- Mac OS X. עם זאת, NeoOffice הוא לא הציע עוד להורדה חינם (זה דורש תרומה) וגם Apache OpenOffice ו- LibreOffice.
Sunnyvale, California, USA - Planamesa Software and the NeoOffice.org community are proud to introduce NeoOffice®/J 1.1, a Mac OS X-native version of the OpenOffice.org office suite that includes Microsoft Office-compatible word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and drawing applications. NeoOffice also makes use of Mac's spell-checker to check spelling, and Address Book as an information source. The dialog boxes and menus use the Aqua interface from Mac. The relationship of sources used by NeoOffice is the same as the system's. Make room for the new NeoOffice binaries by removing the NeoOffice 2.2.3 binaries from the www.planamesa.org mirror site. Note: the following steps were used to complete this task: Login to the www.neooffice.org server, cd to the its webroot directory, and invoke the following command: cvs update -r NeoRetroOffice-223branch; chmod -Rf ug+rw.
Mac App Store
Cannot save documents
|View, export as PDF, and print documents|
|Save documents||Cannot save documents|
|View and edit NeoOffice, OpenOffice, and LibreOffice database files||This feature is not supported||This feature is not supported|
|Upgrade to future versions for free|
|Includes the Mac App Store security features|
|Compatibility||macOS Big Sur|
macOS High Sierra
|macOS Big Sur|
macOS High Sierra
macOS Big Sur users: download the latest bug fixes
Problems after upgrading to NeoOffice 2017? Try these steps
Looking for NeoOffice 2017.27 Professional Edition? Click here
Planamesa Neat Office Download
Looking for NeoOffice 2015.12 Classic Edition? Click here
العربيةČeštinaDanskDeutschΕλληνικάEnglishEspañolSuomiFrançaisעבריתMagyarItaliano日本語한국어NorskNederlandsPolskiPortuguês do BrasilPусскийSlovenčinaSvenskaภาษาไทยTürkçe简体中文繁體中文
To install NeoOffice, double-click on the downloaded file in your Downloads folder. This should open a window in the Finder that contains the NeoOffice installer. Double-click on the software installer to start the installation.
The installer installs NeoOffice in one of the following folders:
- In the Applications folder
- In the Applications / NeoOffice folder as shown in the screen snapshot
To uninstall, just drag the NeoOffice application from the Finder into the Trash and empty the Trash.
Planamesa NeoOffice Writer is text editor, included into a commercial fork of the open source free OpenOffice suite, that contains most of the OpenOffice functions. In addition, it includes some exclusive features, not available in the OpenOffice and LibreOffice suites for macOS system. Also there is a non-paid implementation of the Planamesa NeoOffice Writer, entitled NeoOffice Viewer. The possibilities of this build are absolutely identical, excluding the ability to save the documents. Thus, in NeoOffice Viewer, you may only open, edit and print docs.
Primary Planamesa NeoOffice Writer features
Here are several exclusive NeoOffice Writer functions:
- In 2011 Apple has appended a new feature to their OS, which is entitled as Versions. Following the idea, from now on the apps are capable to save and restore former versions of the document. The NeoOffice developers have successfully transferred this workflow into their offspring. Additionally, after “Browse All Versions” item selection in the upper menu, you will have a chance to restore any of the earlier branches of the document copies in Apple’s document browser of the versions;
- Native Mac text highlighting. The word processor draws text being highlighted in the same way as TextEdit and Apple Safari apps;
- Native file locking, so that the files are safely edited in iCloud Drive, Dropbox or network drives. As far as iCloud Drive and Microsoft Office apply the native file locking functionality, NeoOffice operations also rely on Mac native file locking for collision prevention when iCloud Drive, MS Office or NeoOffice users on distinct PC nodes save one and the same file at the same instant of time.
If you desire to witness the possibilities of this program, download Planamesa NeoOffice Writer from the official page. The tool supports the noted further file formats: doc, docx, odt, ott, sxw, stw, sdw.
The free alternatives of the app: OpenOffice Writer, LibreOffice Writer.