Please note that as of November 1st until December 31st, we can’t accept large parcels measuring more than 95 X 48 X 55cm (roughly the equivalent of a wheelie bin).
If your parcel does not fit in the Parcel Motel, we will notify you and make alternative arrangements. Please scroll down for full details of our charges or click here to calculate the cost for your oversized/overweight parcel.
The price you pay depends on the size of your parcel, the delivery method and the level of cover you choose. It's quick and easy to return a parcel Some retailers cover the cost of returns for you but if you need to pay for your return our prices are the same as for sending a parcel. Whether you wish to send parcel somewhere in the UK or internationally, we provide cheap parcel delivery services to almost anywhere in the world. Plus, with over 2,500 convenient DPD Drop Off points throughout the UK, you can drop off your package locally at a time that suits you.
Parcel Delivery Express
- The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm
- The maximum weight is 10 kg
The following charges will apply to oversize/overweight parcels, but we recommend that you use our oversize calculator by clicking here.
|Oversized / Overweight Service||Under 55 kg||Over 55 kg in actual or dimensional weight|
|Collection at any Parcel Motel (Nightline) Depot by you, or a third party courier *||€7.00 per parcel for 48 hours||In addition to the €7.00 Parcel Motel charge, there is a supplement of €7.00 per 10 kg (over the 55 kg) or part thereof per parcel|
|Delivery to an alternative address – Any address in Ireland including Northern Ireland is an option available to customers.||A supplement of €7.95 in addition to the €7.00 Parcel Motel charge, so €14.95 in total per parcel||A supplement of €7.00 in addition to the total Parcel Motel charge (€7.00 charge plus €7.00 per 10 kg (over the 55 kg) or part thereof per parcel)|
* the courier must have your name and PMID in order to collect your parcel.
All of the above prices include VAT. If you have added a card to your Parcel Motel account your card will be charged when the parcel arrives. If you are using the Top Up service, the charge will be deducted from the balance on your Parcel Motel account.
Weight refers to the Dimensional (this is sometimes called Volumetric) weight of your parcel. Where dimensional weight exceeds actual weight you will be charged based on the dimensional weight of your parcel. To calculate the dimensional weight of your parcel(s) multiply the dimensions of each parcel in cm then divide by 3000.
Dimensional Weight = Length × Width × Height in cm / 3000
Dimensional Weight Example Calculations
My Parcel Delivery
- A parcel which weighs 15 kg and measures 50 × 50 × 24 cm works out as 20 kg in dimensional weight. If you collect this from a Parcel Motel (Nightline) depot, you will be charged €7.00, and if you have it delivered to your address you will be charged €14.95.
- A parcel which weighs 15 kg and measures 100 × 35 × 55 cm works out as 37.5 kg in dimensional weight. If you collect this from a Parcel Motel (Nightline) depot, you will be charged €14.00, and if you have it delivered you will be charged €21.95.
- A Samsung 46” Smart LED TV in its box measures 130 × 80 × 18 cm so the dimensional weigh is 62.4 kg so the charge for this is €14.00 to collect and €21.95 to have delivered.
- Bicycles, although light in actual weight, can be packaged in a very large box and have a big dimensional weight.