Are you looking to join a group of change agents working to understand and advance ways of creating a society where everyone thrives? Metropolitan Group is looking for an associate project manager, based in Portland, Oregon, or Washington, D.C., who is passionately committed to creating a more just and sustainable world through work at the intersection of social justice, public health and the environment.
1,051 Associate Project Manager jobs available on Indeed.com. Apply to Associate Project Manager, Project Manager and more! Explore Job Opportunities at University of Maryland Medical System.
Position Summary: Associate Project Manager
Working out of our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, or in our Washington, D.C., office, the Associate Project Manager will collaborate with other members of the MG team to ensure that client projects are completed with quality—on time and on budget.
They will participate as a core member of multiple project teams, tasked with creating and maintaining workplans; building and analyzing budgets; tracking and troubleshooting team capacity; reconciling
shifts in scope; ensuring contract compliance; and reporting on project financial health.
Additionally, the Associate Project Manager will support the development of proposals and budgets for new or amended phases of work.
Associate Pm Abbreviation
The ideal candidates are comfortable in a collaborative, mission and impact focused billable environment. They are detail-oriented, have strong technical skills, and thrive when working on and balancing multiple projects at one time.
Including, But Not Limited to the Following:
Associate Pm Job
Team and process management
- Develop and maintain project workplans.
- Manage team capacity to ensure that team members have the necessary time allocated to do their work.
- Collaborate with MG’s creative team, digital team, and executive support team to coordinate and schedule work time.
- Maintain agendas and note-take for internal and client meetings.
- Track next steps across all deliverables.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all work products.
- Manage project kick-off and close-out processes.
- Maintain project files.
- Collaborate with and report regularly to account lead and strategic director.
- Serve as a lead point of contact with clients—triaging requests and providing responsive and professional customer service.
- Troubleshoot budget, team capacity, SOW shifts and needs.
Budget and contract management
- Review and analyze project dashboard regularly.
- Provide routine assessment of project burn rate and production projections.
- Complete monthly account reconciliation/billing worksheets.
- Build a nuanced understanding of project contracts, and ensure all contractual reporting requirements are met.
- Prepare and submit invoices as required by contract.
- Support development of proposals and budgets for new or amended phases of work.
- One to two years of relevant experience, or equivalent coursework.
- Ability to articulate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- Must be authorized to accept employment in the U.S.
- Experience with Mac operating systems, Google suite (preferred).
- Experience working with project management software (preferred).
- Experience working for a creative agency (preferred).
- Experience working with diverse communities (preferred).
- Provide high-quality, professional project management services to internal and client teams.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Be a team player and excel at team-oriented problem solving.
- Contribute positively to the psychological safety of an intercultural environment.
- Serve as a member of the MG team, providing ideas and input on strategic and creative challenges, assisting with project implementation, supporting internal projects, and fulfilling other duties necessary for the success of the organization.
- Support and embody the organization’s values, goals and operating principles.
This position is a full-time exempt position. The starting base salary
for this position is $50,000 per year, and is negotiable depending on experience and commensurate with company compensation structure.
- All employees are eligible for bonuses based on individual and company performance.
- MG has a profit share program and distributes 20 percent of profits to employees based on an allocation formula.
- Employer-paid medical/vision insurance on the first of the month following employment start date.
- Dental insurance paid at 50 percent by employer on the first of the month following employment start date.
- Employer-paid life, short- and long-term disability insurance plans available on the first of the month following employment start date.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Fifteen paid vacation days per year after the first 90 days of employment, plus one additional day accrued for each year of employment (up to a total of 20 vacation days).
- Ten days of wellness leave available per year, accruable up to 20 days.
- One month (30 days) paid sabbatical eligibility after each seven years of continuous employment.
- MG paid holidays include New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and a personal holiday of choice.
- Our 401 (k) retirement plan is available to employees in the first calendar quarter after six months of full- time employment. As a participant, you may make tax-deferred contributions into the plan up to the maximum allowable amount. MG will make an annual contribution equal to 3 percent of your compensation while you are a participant in the plan.
- Monthly transportation and cell phone allowance.
- Charitable contribution match of up to $100 per year.
- Professional development program.
- MG to reimburse for work related expenses (mileage at IRS rate).
Other items of note
Professional hours of 40–45 hours per week, as well as any additional time necessary depending on client deadlines and internal projects.
90-day review; 360 review after the first year of employment and then every three years; annual plan in non-360 review years includes self- evaluation and supervisor evaluation. Periodic/informal reviews and “check ins” as needed or requested by either party.
COVID 19 Update
All employees are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A reopen date for offices has not been announced at this time. We continue to monitor guidance provided by local/state/federal health authorities (our earliest re-open date will be after July 1). We are also currently restricting work travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Metropolitan Group, we know that diverse backgrounds, experiences and cultures strengthen our work and our workplace. We strive to create an intercultural workplace through greater recognition, understanding and appreciation of a broad range of differences among individuals and groups within society, and to incorporate an intercultural perspective in our work. We encourage all applicants, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, or other identity.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Please also consider sharing something that provides a glimpse into your style of organization, detail tracking, and/or information communication.
Search will remain open until position is filled.